- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This chili, brown sugar and salt rub adds just the right amount of additional flavor to these pan seared strip steaks.
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or ground chipotle chili pepper
- sea salt
- 2 bone-in beef strip (top loin) steaks, cut 1-1/2 inches thick
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In the meantime, combine the brown sugar, chili powder and a few pinches of salt in a small bowl. Mix to combine then rub on both sides of the steaks.
- Spray a large oven-safe skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the steaks and cook for 5 minutes on each side, then place in the oven and cook for 20 more minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time. Serve immediately with a side of avocado salsa.