- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A citrus-based sauce is sautéed shrimp's best friend. Enjoy these chili lime seasoned shrimp stuffed in a pita.
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, cleaned and cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, small dice
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 pitas, halved
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- Place the yogurt, chili powder, garlic powder and jalapeno in a small bowl and stir to blend.
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil begins to simmer, sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook for one minute on each side and then stir in the yogurt mixture.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the mixture for two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lime juice and the scallions.
- Equally stuff each pita with the shrimp mixture and romaine.