- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 16-18
This versatile Chili Con Quesa appetizer can be served cold as a spread or hot in a crockpot. Dip broccoli and cauliflower florets for a delicious alternative to chips.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1, 4 ounce cans green chilies
- 2 pounds Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Cook onions in butter until soft. Add green chilies, tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese. When cheese starts to melt add the evaporated milk. Stir constantly until all the cheese is melted.
- Simmer 30 minutes.