- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8 People
This is the ultimate casserole. Perfect for potlucks or family meals, it's an easy-to-make and often-requested family favorite.
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups of Fritos or taco chips
- Brown hamburger on stove. Drain grease and set aside.
- Combine beans, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, 1 cup of cheese and onions. Mix hamburger into bean mixture.
- Set aside one cup of chips. Crush remaining chips and stir into beef and bean mixture. .
- Put beef and bean mixture into a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and top with remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.