- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4
Chili Cheese Pie is made in a 9 inch pie plate and is full of Tex Mex flavor.
- Crust: 1 ready to bake pie crust
- Filling: 1 1/4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1, 4 ounce can green chilies, chopped and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pat pie crust into a slightly larger circle to fit in a 9 inch pie plate. Sprinkle pie plate with cornmeal. Place crust in pie plate and push up along sides to form rim. Prick all over with fork. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle cheeses and chilies onto crust. Mix eggs, sour cream and salt. Pour into crust. Sprinkle tomato around edge. Bake for 30 minutes or until set in center. Cut into wedges and serve hot.