- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr 30 min
- Total: 6 hr 40 min
- Serving: 8
The beer in this recipe actually tenderizes the meat.
- 2Â½ lbs. beef brisket
- Â½ c. onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Â¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 jar chili sauce
- 1 can beer
- Place beef brisket, fat side down, in crock pot. Sprinkle brisket with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour chili sauce over brisket.
- Set crock pot on low for 6 hours.
- Pour beer over brisket.
- Increase temperature to high and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Place brisket on large serving platter.
- Slice brisket very thin and serve with hot cooking liquid.