- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes about 3 tablespoons
Use this as a substitute for plain salt; sprinkle on top of grilled meat, seafood even corn on the cob.
- 2 tablespoons flakey sea salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely slice
- Olive oil
- Place the olive oil in a small skillet and add the garlic slices.
- Put the pan over medium-high heat and cook the garlic until it becomes golden and crispy. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Place the fried garlic slices, the sea salt and the red pepper flakes in a mortar and pestle and crush the mixture until the salt turns a light pink/beige color.