- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These are not your traditional American hot dogs but fresh and spicy Chilean-style dogs with intense flavor in every bite.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium jalapeño chile peppers, stem removed and thinly sliced
- 2 small shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup diced green and/or red tomatoes
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, coarsely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 all-beef frankfurters
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- sub or hoagie rolls, split
- Cook the hot dogs as desired and according to package directions.
- In a medium-sized bowl, place the olive oil, cilantro, jalapeños, shallots, lime juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and then whisk to combine. Add the tomatoes and avocados and gently mix until blended.
- Place the butter and the garlic into another bowl and stir vigorously to combine.
- Lightly toast the rolls and then immediately top with the butter mixture. Add a cooked hot dog to each prepared roll and then top with the jalapeno mixture. Serve at once.