- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
A distinctive combination of spicy, fresh and crisp tastes makes this Chile Fresca Cocktail an invigoratingly unique concoction.
- Ground chile de arbol
- lemon wedge
- 6 thin slices cucumber plus to garnish
- 6 thin slices red bell pepper plus to garnish
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces Reposado tequila
- 3/4 ounce agave nectar
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- ginger beer
- Mix equal parts of chile de arbol and salt onto a plate. Run a lemon wedge around the rim of a glass to moisten and then dip the rim into the salt mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Place the cucumber, bell pepper and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the garnish, to the shaker and then fill with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Top the drink with the ginger beer, garnish with the cucumber and pepper slices and then serve immediately.