- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4
Simple, vegetarian and delicious, Chile and Cheese Enchilada Stack will bring a fiesta to your kitchen.
- 2, 10 ounce cans enchilada sauce
- 3 cups Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1, 7 ounce can green chiles, diced
- 12, 6 inch fajita-sized corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce onto bottom of 9 inch pie plate.
- Combine 2 3/4 cups cheese, 1 3/4 cups enchilada sauce and chiles in medium bowl. Place one tortilla in prepared pie plate. Spread about 1/3 cup cheese mixture on tortilla; top with second tortilla. Repeat layers until all tortillas have been stacked, finishing with a tortilla on top. Spread remaining enchilada sauce over stack; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.