- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Chickpeas, otherwise known as garbanzo beans, are full of fiber. They are excellent pureed into a thick spread, added to soups or tossed in salads.
- 1 15.5 ounce can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup grape cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup finely sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chickpeas into a colander and rinse off under cold water.
- In a large bowl, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and mustard and whisk together to combine.
- Slowly pour the oil into the mixture and whisk vigorously to combine, then add the sugar, salt and pepper and whisk once again.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl and toss to coat with the vinaigrette, then add the red onion, crumbled feta, and sliced tomatoes and toss once again.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste and serve.