- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Chickpeas tossed with vinaigrette and topped with an orange yogurt sauce make a delicious main dish vegetarian meal.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Chopped mint to garnish
- To make the vinaigrette, place the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, cumin, cayenne pepper and a few pinches of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk the mixture to combine.
- Put the drained chickpeas into a large bowl and add the parsley and onion. Pour in the vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- In another bowl, stir the yogurt, orange zest, orange juice and honey together until blended.
- Divide the spinach between 4 plates and top with the chickpea mixture. Add a large dollop of the yogurt mixture and then sprinkle with some mint.