- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
If you are short on time, use canned chickpeas for this hearty, vegetarian salad. Otherwise, boil your own chickpeas after soaking them in water overnight.
- 14 ounces canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red chili, finely sliced and seeds removed
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the chickpeas, chili, parsley and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and the olive oil and toss once again until well-mixed. Serve immediately, or cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.