- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
A classic family favorite, serve this simple chicken dish with a side of green beans and fingerling potatoes.
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, such as button or shiitake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, and sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and then add the chicken breasts. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, flipping once after 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Take the pan off the heat and deglaze the pan with vinegar, stirring vigorously to loosen any bits from the bottom.
- Place the sauté pan over medium heat and add the cream, capers and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms back into the pan and cook for 1 more minute. Spoon the mixture over the chicken breasts and serve immediately.