- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Chicken with Bulgar Pilaf has a nutty flavor and nice texture.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1, 3 pound broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/4 cups bulgur
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup regular long grain rice
- 1 chicken flavor bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook chicken until browned on all sides. Remove chicken to bowl.
- In drippings remaining in skillet over medium heat, cook onion and bulgur until bulgur is browned.
- To bulgur in skillet, add water, rice, chicken bouillon, salt and pepper. Return chicken to skillet; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer 35 minutes or until chicken and bulgur are tender.