- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The sweet spiced apples in this dish pair beautifully with the tender chicken breasts, making this a tasty and simple mid-week dinner meal.
- 2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1-1/8 teaspoons herbes de Provence, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Place the apples in a small bowl and add the lemon juice and cinnamon. Toss to coat.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the oil and 1 teaspoon of butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, and sauté the apples for 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and set aside.
- Put 2 teaspoons of oil and 2 teaspoons of butter into a large frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper, and then cook in the skillet for 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside, covered, to keep warm.
- Whisk the broth, lemon zest and remaining herbs into the frying pan, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a platter and top with the sautéed apples and sauce. Serve immediately.