- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Pan seared chicken is cooked in a sweet and savory apricot glaze and then served over a bed of rice. Accompany the dish with a fresh, green salad and a bottle of Zinfandel, Riesling or a Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- sea salt and fresh pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- Place the chicken broth, apricot preserves and soy sauce into a small bowl and whisk well to blend.
- Place the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, sprinkle the chicken breasts on both sides with some salt and pepper and then place in the pan. Brown the chicken on both sides and then stir in the chicken broth mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, over medium-low heat for 12 minutes. Serve the chicken over rice and sprinkle with the sliced green onion.