- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A warm and tasty Mexican inspired chicken tortilla slow cooker soup.
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspon salt
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Add everything but the tortillas to a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 5-7 hours on low, 3 to 3-1/2 hours on high.
- Arrange the tortilla strips to a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve the soup with the crisp tortilla strips over top.