- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Tender and juicy chicken thighs are bathed in a sweet and savory stewed tomato sauce with baby spinach.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, with skin and bone
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 14- to 15-ounce cans stewed tomatoes
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Rinse off the chicken and pat dry with paper towels, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook, skin side down, for 6 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan and cook the mixture, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on plates. Add the spinach to the tomatoes, stir to combine, and then spoon the tomato mixture over the chicken. Serve immediately.