- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Enjoy the flavors of classic chicken teriyaki in this tasty whole-wheat pita minus the steamed rice.
- 1 whole-wheat pita pocket, sliced into 2
- 1 cup shredded roasted chicken
- 1/8 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Put the teriyaki sauce and the Japanese mayonnaise into a bowl and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add the chicken and sesame seeds to the bowl and stir until coated with the teriyaki mixture. Transfer to the pockets to fill.
- Spoon the chopped tomatoes and cucumbers over the chicken mixture and then top with the alfalfa sprouts. Serve immediately.