- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4
Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls are great for a snack or with a green salad for a satisfying lunch.
- 1, 8 ounce can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons lower fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- butter flavored vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup croutons, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Open crescent rolls and leave them as rectangles pinching together the seams.
- Add butter to a small saucepan and place over medium heat, when bubbling add onion and celery and saute for 2 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Remove from heat and mix in the cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the chicken and salt and pepper; stirring until combined.
- Take half cup of mixture and place it into the center of each rectangle of dough. Bring the edge of dough up and pinch together to seal. Spray the top and sides with vegetable oil and dip the coated side into the crushed croutons, coating evenly. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.