- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr 30 min
- Total: 4 hr 50 min
- Serving: 8
This chicken stew will warm you up on a cold day.
- 4 skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large can fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1, 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cup frozen green peas
- Combine all the ingredients except the water, cornstarch and peas in a large electric slow cooker.
- Cover with lid, and cook on high-heat setting for 4 hours or until carrot is tender.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring until blended.
- Add cornstarch mixture and peas to crock pot.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting an additional 30 minutes.