- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 4
Chicken Sopa is a great dish that goes well with a tossed green salad and a side of corn tortilla chips.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 18 corn tortillas
- Saute onion in a small amount of margarine and add the chilis. Cook until tender. Add soup and milk. Don't boil.
- Melt the rest of the margarine. Line a large casserole dish with 1/2 of the tortillas dipped in margarine. They will overlap.
- Put cubed chicken on top and pour on the soup mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and put remaining tortillas dipped in margarine on top. Push the tortillas into the soup mixture so they will be cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until slightly brown on top.