- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: Makes 12 Skewers
You may want to make a double recipe of these succulent pieces of chicken dipped in peanut sauce, as they are always one of the first things to go at parties.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons minced fresh Ginger Root
- 2 Teaspoons Peanut Oil
- 4 Shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh Ginger Root
- 2 small Red Chile Peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1-3/4 cups Coconut milk
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 12 Wooden Skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Place the garlic and ginger into a large bowl and add the chicken. Toss to combine, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In the meantime, place the peanut oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and sauté the shallots, ginger and Chile peppers for 7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar and lime juice; stir to blend. Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes and then remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Prepare the grill on medium high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and then cook on the grill for about 3 minutes per side. Serve with the peanut sauce.