- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
An impressive dish, Chicken Saltimbocca is a recipe that is perfect for a special dinner.
- 6, 3-ounce chicken cutlets, pounded evenly so they are flat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 very thin slices of prosciutto
- 1, 10-ounce box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1, 14-ounce can of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thinly, to use as garnish
- Sprinkle the flattened chicken with salt and pepper. Lay one slice of prosciutto atop each chicken cutlet.
- Squeeze the frozen spinach to remove any remaining water. Season the spinach with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, toss the spinach with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, until all the spinach is coated.
- Place an even, thin layer of spinach on top of each of the prosciutto slices. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over each piece of chicken.
- Start with the short, tapered end of the chicken, gently roll up each cutlet. Secure the roll with one or two toothpicks.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until each is golden brown (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice. Scrape the pan down of any of the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce to medium heat, and cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through (about 8-10 minutes).
- Transfer the chicken to a platter. Continue to simmer the liquid over high heat until it is reduced to about 2/3 cup (about 5 minutes). Season the liquid with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the toothpicks from the chicken, drizzle with the reduced liquid, garnish with the lemon slices, and serve.