- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Wild mushrooms and ham bring nice flavors to this dish. A pretty presentation combined with great tastes make Chicken Rolls with Ham and Mushroom a great dinner. Serve with your favorite pasta.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups cooked white long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Reserved parsley sprigs for garnish
- 2 cups of sauteed wild mushrooms of your choice (chanterelles, morel, porcini, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a medium pan and fry the garlic for about 20-30 seconds.
- To a medium-sized bowl, spoon in the cooked garlic, cooked rice, ricotta, parsley and tarragon. Season the ingredients with salt and pepper to taste and mix together well.
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and lightly beat them with a rolling pin or mallet, to flatten them. Divide the ham slices between each chicken breast, trimming them to fit on top of the chicken.
- Add a spoonful of the rice mixture at the widest end of the ham-topped chicken breast. Roll up each breast carefully, and secure the ends with toothpicks.
- Add the remaining butter and the olive oil to a large frying pan and over medium-high heat, lightly fry each of the chicken rolls until browned all over. Once lightly fried, place them in a shallow baking dish and pour the white wine over them.
- Lightly cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until tender.
- Once cooked, cut the rolls into slices and add the sauteed mushrooms to top them. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.