- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Chicken and rice with stuffed olives.
- 2 1/2 pounds frying chicken, cut up
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package Rice-a-roni, any falvor
- 1 can chicken broth, plus water to equal to 2 1/4 cups liquid
- 1 (3 ounce) jar pimiento stuffed olives, drained
- Brown the chicken in a skillet for 10 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet, leaving the grease.
- Add the rice and seasonings to the grease, stir until lightly browned. Add the chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Place the chicken on top of the rice and lower to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 20-30 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve topped with olives.