- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A classic dinner dish, chicken piccata is surprisingly simple to create making it a great weeknight option.
- 1 large chicken breast cut into 4 cutlets, pounded thin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced or thinly sliced shallot
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper, and then lightly flour.
- Place a large sauté pan over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chicken and sear for 1 minute, then flip and cook for an additional 40 seconds. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the shallots to the pan and sauté for 1 minute before adding the wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits, and then add the lemon juice, capers and the parsley.
- Stirring continuously, add the stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat and slowly add the cold butter. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper and then spoon over the chicken and serve.