- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 8-10
Hot noodles in a creamy sauce make Chicken Noodle Bake the ultimate comfort food.
- 1, 3 pound chicken
- 1, 8 ounce package small noodles
- 3 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons pimento, chopped fine
- 6 slices dry bread, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Cook chicken in water. Let cool. Bone and skin chicken and cube.
- Saute onion and green pepper in margarine. Cook noodles in broth from chicken adding additional broth if needed.
- Mix cooked chicken, noodles, soup, sauted ingredients and pimento. Put in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix crumbs and margarine together. Cover dish with buttered crumb mixture. Bake at 325 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly.