- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 25 min
- Serving: 6
Brought to your from the New Flavors from Your Crockery Cooker.
- 3 lbs. meaty chichen pieces, skinned
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 6- oz. can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine (such as Merlot) or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh basil or 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil crushed
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
- 2 tbsp. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Rinse chicken; set aside.
- In a 3 1/2-4-or 5-quart crockery cooker place mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Place chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
- In a bowl combine broth, tomato paste, wine or chicken broth, tapioca, dried basil (if using), sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- If using, stir in fresh basil.
- To serve, spoon chicken mushroom mixture, and sauce over hot cooked noddles.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.