- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 10
For extra flavor try Chicken Liver and Mushroom Dressing next Thanksgiving.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2, 8 ounce packages herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- In 6 quart Dutch oven, heat 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup butter until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Add stuffing mix; toss to mix well.
- Wash chicken livers; pat dry with paper towels.
- In remaining butter in skillet saute livers 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and chop coarsely. Add to stuffing mixture.
- In same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms until onion is golden, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add parsley and marjoram. Add to stuffing mixture; toss lightly until well mixed.
- Use to fill a prepared turkey. Makes 12 cups, enough to stuff a 16 pound turkey.