- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Marinade for 1 3-pound chicken
The best way to marinate a chicken and guarantee exceptional flavor infusion is to place it in a large Ziploc bag along with the marinade of your choice. It also makes for easy clean up as well.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Espelette pepper or Spanish smoked hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until thoroughly blended.
- Place the chicken into a large Ziploc bag and then pour in the marinade. Flip the bag around a few times to make sure chicken gets coated.
- Remove the air from the bag, seal and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight, making sure to flip the bag a few times to mix.