- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4-6 People
Rather than pay for take out, make fried rice with leftover chicken and frozen vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 cup frozen vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups cold cooked rice, white or brown
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft and slightly translucent.
- Add chicken, vegetables and rice and cook until rice is slightly crispy.
- Move rice, chicken and vegetable mixture to one side of the pan and pour eggs into the other side. Incorporate the egg mixture into the fried rice, as the eggs cook.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and water. Pour over fried rice and stir until it is evenly distributed throughout the dish. Continue to cook until the rice absorbs the soy and water mixture, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.