- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 8
When the craving for Mexican food hits, try these easy chicken fajitas.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced in long, thin strips
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, shredded
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought salsa
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Marinate chicken in lime, liquid smoke, olive oil and salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken strips on the grill on in a skillet until cooked through.
- Place chicken in tortillas with peppers, cheese and lettuce.
- Top with salsa, sour cream and cilantro.