- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 17 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 4 People
Reprinted with permission by Hoffman Media, LLC.
"Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade" magazine, www.semihomemademag.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1, 6-ounce container Greek yogurt, Chobani™
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2, 8.5-ounce pouches ready-to-serve basmati rice, Uncle Ben’s®
- Garnish: 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes, carrots, and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes. Add curry powder to vegetable mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in yogurt and cream, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and chicken. Heat rice according to package directions for 2 pouches. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
- Curry powder is a crushed blend of up to 20 different herbs, seeds, and spices including turmeric, which gives curry its characteristic golden color.