- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4
Cooking with curry powder and curry paste is a scintillating way to warm up your meals on chilly evenings as well as do your health a delicious bite of good. Curry is considered a heart healthy and brain-boosting condiment and turmeric, the yellow spice commonly found in curry, is considered a super spice in the superfood realm.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1, 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring often, until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan and combine well with the onion mixture. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. For a thicker sauce, remove cover and continue to simmer for 20 more minutes or until desired consistency. Serve with rice, pita bread or pasta. Garnish with cilantro leaves.