- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Your family will enjoy the Southwest flavor of Chicken Corn Pie.
- Filling: 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1, 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 14 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Topping: 1 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1, 4 ounce can green chilies, diced and drained
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- non stick cooking spray
- Garnishes: sour cream, lettuce, salsa, olives, guacamole
- Coat a shallow 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir gently. Pour mixture in prepared dish.
- Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add eggs, milk and oil. Stir to blend. Stir in chilies and cheese to form a batter. Drop batter by spoonful around edges of filling in baking dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with garnishes.