- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 10 min
Here's a easy and quick recipe for a chicken cordon bleu sandwich your family will love.
- Chicken breast pieces or slices
- Flavorful bun
- Sliced ham
- Dried bread crumbs
- Cooking oil
- Swiss cheese slices
- Sour cream (optional)
- Toothpicks (optional)
- Heat a skillet with a small amount of cooking oil.Turn oven to broil setting.
- Affix ham to chicken with toothpicks (optional).
- Place oil and breadcrumbs into two separate small bowls.
- Dunk the ham/chicken in the oil bowl, then fully coat ham/chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Brown ham/chicken in the skillet, heating the breadcrumb-coated ham and chicken thoroughly, giving the meat a crispy outer texture.
- Put Swiss cheese on the inner side of each bun, place buns on a cooking sheet and heat in oven for 1 to 2 minutes, allowing cheese to melt and bread to begin toasting.
- Remove buns from oven, add a light smear of sour cream to each bun, then top with the chicken and ham.
- Serve the sandwich with deli made mashed or scalloped potatoes, a spinach salad, or a hearty tomato soup. Asparagus also makes a delicious side dish.