- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 hr 20 min
- Total: 9 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6
This soup is great served in a bread bowl.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove of fresh garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 can ready to serve chicken broth (14Â½ oz.)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken and broccoli
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup fresh broccoli
- In crock pot combine chicken, carrots, mushrooms, onion, water, garlic powder, thyme and broth.
- Blend well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or until chicken is done.
- Drain fat from crock pot.
- In small bowl, combine soup, milk and flour.
- Blend with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add soup mixture and broccoli to chicken mixture. Cover and cook an additional 20 minutes or until broccoli is tender.