- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this soup in a bread bowl with a salad for a complete meal.
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 2 large chopped onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or jack
- 1/2 pint whipping cream, not whipped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In large skillet saute bacon, onions, and celery until bacon is crisp and onions and celery are limp.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put contents of skillet along with potatoes, carrots, chicken, broth, and corn into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- In bowl combine flour into milk and blend well.
- Pour into the crock pot.
- Add cheese, whipping cream, and parsley and cook another hour on HIGH.