- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 8
Chicken and rice in a creamy sauce makes Chicken Casserole Elegante a classic favorite.
- 1, 6 ounce package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen peas
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1, 3 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup pimento, chopped
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook rice according to package directions using chicken broth and enough water added to equal liquid called for on package.
- Cook peas, combine soup and milk; stir in sherry. Add chicken, mushrooms, pimento, rice mixture and peas. Mix well. Turn into a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Mix crumbs and butter, sprinkle over casserole. Bake an additional 10 minutes.