- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 10
Chicken Asparagus Casserole is a hearty, creamy dish that will serve a hungry crowd.
- 1 cup green or red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can cream of asparagus soup
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen asparagus, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1, 8 ounce container ricotta cheese
- black pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add peppers, onions and garlic. Cook and stir until crisp tender.
- Mix soup, eggs, ricotta cheese and 1 cup Cheddar cheese in a large bowl until well blended. Add onion mixture, chicken, asparagus and noodles. Mix well and season with black pepper.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared casserole dish and top with remaining Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until center is set and cheese bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.