- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The fresh mango brings tropical and sweet undertones of flavor to this fresh and simple salad recipe.
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless poached chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 small ripe mango, diced and divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
- 2-1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- 8 ounces small shrimp, cooked, deveined and halved lengthwise
- Using a food processor, blend 1/4 cup of the mango, the lime zest and juice, the oil, rum, jalapeño, mint, garlic and the1/2 teaspoon of salt together until smooth and creamy.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, chicken, shrimp and remaining mango and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Add the mango salad dressing and toss to coat.