- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Simple chicken and rice soup recipe.
- 1 medium chicken (about 2- 2 1/2 pounds)
- 5 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup rice
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a heavy pot and cover with the water. Cover and cook over medium heat until tender. (about 1 hour)
- Remove the chicken and debone. Skim the excess fat from the broth.
- Bring the broth to a brisk boil. Add in the chicken and rice. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.