- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Grab your leftover chicken, vegetables and pasta to make this delicious breakfast frittata.
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups cooked penne or desired pasta
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the oil in an oven-safe skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the broccoli, penne, chicken and basil and sprinkle the mixture with some salt and pepper. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes and then pour in the eggs.
- Reduce the heat to medium and allow the egg to set, then sprinkle with the cheese and place in the oven for 6 minutes. Serve hot with a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper.