- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6
Chicken and Mac Stew has lots of macaroni for the pasta lover.
- 1, 3 pound broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thick
- 1, 28 ounce can tomatoes
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen peas, partially thawed
- On waxed paper, combine flour, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper; coat chicken with flour mixture.
- In Dutch oven over medium-high heat, in hot oil, brown chicken until golden; remove chicken. Add onions to Dutch oven and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, poultry seasoning, garlic, hot pepper sauce and 1 cup water. Cook, covered, over low heat about 45 minutes, until chicken is fork tender. Remove from heat; discard parsley and garlic cloves and skim off any excess fat.
- Add macaroni and cook, covered, over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peas and cook, covered, over low heat 10 minutes or until tender.