- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 6
Mexican food doesn't have to be difficult to make. This chicken and cheese enchilada recipe uses shortcuts like jarred salsa to create delicious and quick enchiladas. You can double or triple the ingredients if you are cooking for a crowd.
- 1, 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1, 10 3/4-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 small can of black olives
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream cheese, soup, and salsa. Heat, stirring constantly until melted and well blended. Stir in chicken.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for a few seconds until you can roll them without cracking.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture; roll.
- Place rolled tortillas in a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, covering tortillas completely.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Top with black olives and sour cream, if desired.