- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Chicken Almond Casserole can also be made with leftover cooked turkey.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2/3 cup buttered bread crumbs
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered, blanched
- 1, 4 ounce can mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Melt butter, blend in flour, pepper and paprika. Dissolve chicken bouillon cubes in hot water. Add the evaporated milk.
- Stir over low heat until smooth and thickened. Salt to taste. Add remaining ingredients except crumbs.
- Pour into a casserole and top with crumbs and additional almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-30 minutes.