- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4 to 6 People
We all grew up eating tuna noodle casseroles, or macaroni and cheese, or even baked rigatoni (which, yes, is considered a casserole), but as much as the classics are great, they sometimes need an update. Being creative and adding unusual vegetables, meats, or cheeses to your casserole can instantly update your favorite casserole while keeping that down home feeling. Try this recipe for chicken and cranberry casserole; your family will love it.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 12-ounces fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken pieces in a 12 x 9-inch casserole dish and top with onions and cranberries.
- Combine water with tomato paste, vinegar, garlic powder, sugar, salt, and pepper and pour over chicken. Bake casserole 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked and casserole is bubbly.