- Prep: 12 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 hr 30 min
- Serving: 8-10 servings
A simple, spinach and chick-pea salad.
- 6 ounces dried chick-peas
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place the chick-peas in cold water and soak overnight, strain. Place in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, or until tender (not mushy). Allow to cool in the liquid before draining.
- Rinse spinach, remove stems. Arrange in a salad bowl with the chickpeas. Stir in oil and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, drizzle top with the yogurt and sprinkle with parsley.